Problems with social security benefits

Since legal aid ended for benefits advice our capacity to offer casework has been significantly reduced. However, we can still provide general advice on all aspects of benefits and more specialised help on some. For example if you are experiencing problems with Tax Credits we have a specialist who may be able to help.

We also have several projects working in different ways to help people affected by welfare reform. Many of these work with other organisations. If you think you might need help ask any organisations who support you if they have such a partnership.

Potteries Gold works with people and community groups affected by welfare reform. For further details of the activities they run click here.

If you have to attend a medical assessment for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Personal Independence Payments (PIP) we may be able to arrange for someone to attend with you to take notes, so that you have an accurate record of what happened just in case you need to challenge it at a later date. If you would like someone to attend with you click here for details of who to contact.